Mentoring at Citizenship 4 Life
We are always on the lookout for new people to come forward as volunteer mentors to support the young people on our inspirational C4L programme!
Mentoring is an extremely effective way of providing guidance and support to a young people in need and it’s a proven way of increasing self-esteem, social mobility and encourages local communities to work together.
Our C4L mentoring scheme was designed to utilise the skills, experience and knowledge of the local community, to raise the ambitions and attainment of those young people who need it the most. Each participant on C4L is paired with a one-to-one mentor who has been selectively handpicked onto the programme to:
- Be a positive role model for a young person in need
- Be a person that their mentee can trust and confide in
- Be a listening and supportive ear!
- Assist their mentee by helping to raise their confidence and self-esteem
- Be a pillar of support for their mentee throughout the programme on each of the visits
- Assist their mentee by offering good advice and contacts where necessary
- Offer support in any tasks set on the programme